David’s Cabin is a simple, cosy 2 room structure with bedroom and living/kitchen area.
- double bed
- dining table
- basic kitchen (2 burner gas cooker, sink with cold running tank water)
- simple cooking and eating implements
- tea, sugar, instant coffee, salt
- dishwashing detergent, teatowels
- outdoor composting toilet
- woodfire stove
- solar powered lighting
Please note, the cabin does not have:
- fridge (an esky is provided)
- hot running water
- shower (there is a rough shower using a solar heated water bag and pulley system in the toilet block)
- reliable mobile phone reception
- access to main house
- parking – car parking is available up the hill
- paved access
- no candles (due to fire risk)
- no alcohol or illicit drugs
- no outdoor fires on days of total fire ban
- no pets
Contributions toward accommodation are by donation to make Gembrook Retreat as financially accessible as possible. Funds go towards the maintenance costs of the land and buildings, and to the development of further retreat accommodation and facilities.
Suggested minimum donations for overnight stays are below:
Full time paid employment: $25 per person per night
Others: $10 per person per night
Children under 10: free
Doonas and pillows are provided. Linen (sheets and pillowcases) is $10 extra per person.
Day visit arrangements can also be made. Please contact us for more information.
Payment is preferred by direct deposit a week prior to your stay.
Gembrook Retreat Inc
Account no: 126423615
This old rustic one room dwelling is in the process of being rebuilt into a Meeting House with disability access containing a kitchen, dining room, meeting room and 2 toilets for groups of up to 12. Stay tuned for updates throughout 2018!